Friday, May 15, 2020

RED HOT POKER BIRDS

Hi All,
Today I went over to the coast to bird with my friend Chuck Philo.  My main target was Black Swift, which are just starting to enter the state on the migration path north.  Matter of fact, earlier in the morning a friend from the south coast reported to me over 80 flying north, and this was about 120 miles to our south.

Well, we did not fin any, but in the process of looking for other birds, we were near a patch of plants called, “Red Hot Pokers,” which I have found out are fantastic for birds.  Here are some shots I took from 10-15 feet away of a few birds.

My plan now is to get some for my backyard so that we can view them from our kitchen table while eating.  So if any of you know of a patch where I can dig some up, please let me know.  Thanks.

Male American Goldfinch

Male Western Tanager

Immature Male Western Tanager

Male Western Tanager

Female Black-headed Grosbeak

Male Western Tanager

Male Black-headed Grosbeak

Immature Male Western Tanager

Male Black-headed Grosbeak.  The reason I added this pic is because you can
see some very small "horns" to the upper side of his head.

Female Rufous Hummingbird

2 comments:

  1. Dale, played by Charlie Day, probably has the least horrible boss in Jennifer Aniston, playing a completely different character than people are used to seeing her in. 온라인홀덤

    ReplyDelete