Saturday, May 16, 2020

BLACK-NECKED STILT AT BSNWR

5/16/20
Hi All,
Rosie and I went for a walk over to the local refuge.  I was interested to know if any of the more rare birds which have been reported from there recently were still there.  A couple of Ibis were still lurking out in the east marsh, and I hear the Red-necked Grebe is still below Morgan Lake, but we did not go there.  However, I did get some shots of some Black-necked Stilts on the west side of the east marsh, all while in flight.  I think the best one is the shot where you can see some water droplets falling off his feet. That pic seems the most crisp. With such longs legs it is little wonder why they are called "Stilts."  The birds were a good 50 feet away, so they lack some clarity, but otherwise help me in honing my skills.  Yea, I know, this is only one species this time.  I can assure you there will be more coming. 












No comments:

Post a Comment