Thursday, October 19, 2017

Red-shoudered Hawk : 4 year anniversary

Hi All,

On 9/24/13 I was coming home and noted a suspicious looking hawk along my driveway, which turned out to be a Red-shouldered Hawk.  This was indeed a cool bird to add to my yard list.  I live in Falls City, Or, and after 30+ years here, my yard list is 139.  The hawk stayed on for month after month, year after year, and since he showed up this morning, I thought I would go back into my records as I knew the 4 year mark was getting close.  He/she has never found a mate, is much more vocal in the spring, and becomes sparse in the summer, and otherwise can go for weeks undetected.  I wonder how long he will continue to stay here?  Here he is in the rain this morning. 






Red-shouldered Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment